What Is The Best Way To Relieve Joint Pain Naturally?August 5, 2020
Unless your injury is abrupt and severe, orthopedic surgery should only be considered after all other non-surgical options have been pursued without success. Many symptoms of joint pain develop over time and are therefore less likely to receive the attention they need early enough. If you’re starting to experience discomfort in your joints, I have compiled a list of the top five options you must know about before considering orthopedic surgery.
Assessing the situation
Before an individual can effectively evaluate all of the options for treating joint pain, an accurate assessment of the scenario must be made. Providing an answer to the following eight questions will help your physician determine which approach is best suited for you.
- Do you experience pain while performing basic everyday activities?
- Is your joint discomfort restricting your participation in the activities you enjoy or active daily living?
- Are you unable to walk without the interference of pain?
- Are you unable to sleep due to your joint pain?
- Has your joint pain forced you to miss any important events that you would otherwise have attended (e.g., travelling, attending a wedding or religious service, and/or visiting family members)?
- Do you experience joint pain more than one day per week?
- Would you classify your pain as mild or more significant?
- Are non-prescription pain medications no longer effective?
If your answer was “yes” to more than three of the questions listed above, you should discuss treatment options with your physician. You might be a qualified candidate for joint replacement. If your answer was “no” to more than four of these questions, you should be able to manage your joint pain though combined methods such as those listed below. Your physician should be able to suggest the most appropriate approach for your specific condition.
Treatments for joint pain will typically focus on methods for improving mobility and managing discomfort. Those treatments that tend to be most successful utilize a combination of techniques customized to an individual’s overall health, needs, and lifestyle. Prior to initiating any treatment strategy, patients should review the most reasonable options with their physicians in order to identify the optimal course of action for them. The five non-surgical treatment options you must consider are listed below. artrovex forte pret
1) Physical therapy and exercise
Physical therapy and light exercise offer one of the most effective and least expensive treatments for joint pain. There are several benefits that come with this approach, such as…
- An improvement in one’s general outlook and mood.
- A noticeable reduction in pain.
- An increase in joint flexibility.
- Greater circulation and cardiopulmonary fitness.
2) Weight management
Excessive weight is a lead contributor to joint pain, especially in the hips, knees, and weight bearing joints. Reducing one’s body weight to a more desirable point will often aid in the alleviation of pain as well as improve a joint’s function. Sustainable weight loss is best achieved by means of a healthy diet and regular exercise. The resulting reduction in stress on the joints will safeguard against further injury.
3) Nontraditional strategies
Provided that a patient’s condition is not overly severe, several methods exist for relieving pain and rigidity without using drugs or resorting to surgery. Such approaches include warm towels or baths, heated pools, and hot packs. In some instances, cold packs (a bag of ice or frozen vegetables wrapped in a towel). Alternating between hot and cold at regular intervals can also help to alleviate joint pain.